Legacy Issue Number: 19680
Source: agnos.ai UK Ltd ( Pete Rivett)
The use of UML described in the Annex does not represent any known UML tool nor the UML specification. The examples are UML-like diagrams presumably created with a drawing tool.
- In Figure C.1 the right hand class is shown with 2 names and an italicized label “also:” this is not supported.
- Section C.3 and Figure C.2: in UML, Instance diagrams only the class and not the instance name is ever underlined
- Figure 6.3 is not a valid UML diagram if the lower shapes are InstanceSpecifications: they should have a colon after the names which should not be underlined. The use of Dependencies is not valid for class membership.
- Figure 6.4 is not valid an association may have only one name optionally accompanied by one direction indicator.
- Figure C.7, C.12: In general UML does not include the notion of underline/font within a name: it’s modeled only as a text string.
- Figure C.9 is not valid one cannot have an association with only one end.
- C.7.1, Figure 14: these 2 renderings are semantically identical in UML and serialized the same in XMI. UML has the ability to render the distinction using a GeneralizationSet with isDisjoint so why not use that?
- C.15: powertypes should not have a name before the colon in UML, though the property of type “branch type” may
- C.9, Figure C.17: the dashed lien to association diamond is not valid in UML
Reported: SBVR 1.1 — Fri, 12 Dec 2014 05:00 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — SBVR 1.5
Clarify that the Diagrams in Clauses 7-21 do not depict UML conventions or semantics
(see attached Word document)
Updated: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 17:48 GMT
- Changes to SBVR v1.4 Clause 23 that are Part of SBVR Issue 15-08 Resolution.docx 67 kB (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
- SBVR 1.4 Annex C (190509)-CT.docx 890 kB (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
- SBVR 1.4 Annex C (190509).docx 736 kB (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
- SBVR 1.5 PNGs.zip 2.75 MB (application/zip)
- SBVR-Issue-15-08 19680 - The use of UML described in the Annex does not represent any known UML tool... (190511).docx 30 kB (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)
SBVR15 — The use of UML described in the Annex does not represent any known UML tool nor the UML specification
- Key: SBVR15-8
- OMG Task Force: SBVR 1.5 RTF