Refinement issue from GQAM to SAM
Legacy Issue Number: 18565
Source: Commissariat a l Energie Atomique-CEA ( Sebastien Gerard)
The domain model of SAM defines the concept of EndToEndFLow which is described as being a container for a set of request event streams that trigger processing flows (identified as WorkloadEvent in the figure 16.3) and a set of end-to-end execution scenario (identified as BehaviorScenario in the figure 16.3) as response to a related set of request event stream.
The domain model of GQAM defines the of WorkloadBehavior which is described as being a container for a set of behaviors defined as Scenario and a set of demands defined as WorkloadEvent. WorkloadEvent are defined as the cause of the Scenario. In this context, this latter is considered as being the effect of a WorkloadEvent.
This specification raises both next issues:
- Firstly, the stereotype «SaEndToEndFLow» introduced to map the SAM domain model element EndToEndFLow does not have properties fitting the endToEndStimuli and endToEndResponse properties of this latter. Consequently, the specification of stimuli and responses of a SaEndToEndFlow has to be done implicitly within the user model using containment relationships of the UML. The issue with such modeling mean is that the relationship between the SaEndToEndFlow and its containment is less formal and relies on specific means/choices to model the link between the SaEndToEndFLow and its stimuli and scenarios.
- Secondly, the duality between both concepts, EndToEndFLow and WorkloadBehavior, seems to introduce unnecessary complexity. I would like to propose to define EndToEndFlow as a specialization of WorkloadBehavior, where both endToEndStimuli and endToEndResponse would refine respectively demand and behavior properties of the WorkloadBehavior concept.
- In figure 16.3, EndToEndFLow has an association toward SAM_Obsrever::TimedObserver. A priori, it should be SchedulingObserver instead of TimedObsever.
- In section “184.108.40.206 SaSchedObs”, SaSchedObs should inherit from GaTimedObs and not TimedObs as shown in figure 16.8.
- In section “220.127.116.11 SaEndToEndFlow”, the timing attribute should be typed as SaSchedObs and not TimedObs.
Reported: MARTE 1.1 — Sat, 16 Mar 2013 04:00 GMT
Updated: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 18:53 GMT