Semantics of Event Service disconnect_push_consumer/supplier()
Legacy Issue Number: 3427
Source: Motorola ( Tom Ziomek)
The question concerns the disconnect_push_consumer() family of operations
(push and pull, consumer and supplier) on both the Event Svc side (proxy
suppliers and consumers) and application side (suppliers and consumers).
1) Is a proxy's disconnect_..._...() meant to be called by (any or all of)
- the corresponding application supplier/consumer?
- some other part of the application?
- any portion of the Event Svc implementation? If "yes" in this case,
is the connected application object also supposed to be invoked, to
notify it of the proxy's shutdown?
2) Is an application consumer/supplier's disconnect_..._...() meant to be
- some other part of the application? If "yes" in this case, is the
application consumer/supplier then expected to invoke disconnect_()
on the corresponding proxy object?
- any portion of the Event Svc implementation? If "yes", under what
The specific issue at hand presumes the application object's disconnect_()
operation is to be invoked by the Event Svc. The question is when – one
opinion is that a call to the proxy's disconnect_() results in the invoca-
tion of disconnect_() on the proxy's application object. The opposing o-
pinion is that the application object's disconnect_() is invoked only when
the application object is being disconnected by some means other than a
call to the proxy's disconnect_() (for example, if the event channel's
destroy() is called while application objects are still connected).
Reported: EVNT 1.0 — Wed, 15 Mar 2000 05:00 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — EVNT 1.1
No Data Available
Updated: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 18:22 GMT