Source: Model Driven Solutions ( Ed Seidewitz)
Subclause 6.2 Changes to Adopted OMG Specifications of the Precise Semantics for UML State Machines (PSSM) Beta 1 specification document (ptc/17-04-04) states:
The PSSM syntax is a subset of the UML 2.5.1 abstract syntax metamodel, and the required functionality formalized in PSSM is taken from that specified in UML 2.5.1. However, PSSM is also semantically based on fUML and PSCS. But the current versions of these standards, fUML 1.2.1 and PSCS 1.0 are based on UML 2.4. In order to avoid inconsistency, particularly given the sweeping reorganization of the UML abstract syntax metamodel adopted in UML 2.5, the fUML and PSCS syntax and semantics models have been migrated to UML 2.5.1 for use with PSSM, but with no change to their functionality. In addition, the fUML and PSCS models have been updated to use an approach for identifying and constraining their syntax subsets that is consistent with that used in PSSM.
In adopting this specification, the PSCS RTF was directed to update the PSCS specification consistent with the migration of fUML syntax and semantics models top UML 2.5.1. Since the adoption of PSSM, PSCS 1.1 has been approved as the current version of PSCS, so the PSCS 1.2 RTF now needs to carry out the migration of PSCS 1.1 to UML 2.5.1 for PSCS 1.2.
Reported: PSCS 1.1 — Mon, 16 Apr 2018 23:14 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — PSCS 1.2
Migrate PSCS to UML 2.5.1
Migrating PSCS to UML 2.5.1 and adopting the new approach for identifying and constraining their syntax subsets (but with no change to PCSC functionality), requires the following updates to the PSCS specification document:
- Remove subclause 2.2 on conformance levels.
- Update the normative references to UML 2.5.1 and fUML 1.4 and remove any references to the infrastructure/superstructure separation..
- Update subclause 6.1 Changes to Adopted Specifications to remove the reference to UML 2.4.1..
- Update Clause 7 Abstract Syntax to reflect the UML 2.5.1 package structure and the new approach for specifying the PSCS abstract syntax subset.
- Update Clause 8 Semantics to reflect the UML 2.5.1 package structure.
The normative syntax and semantics XMI also need to be updated to reflect the new approach for specifying the abstract syntax subset and for the UML 2.5 reorganization.
Updated: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:02 GMT
- PSCS 1.2 Specification Formal - Draft 1.pdf.zip 8.60 MB (application/zip)