Legacy Issue Number: 15989
Source: Model Driven Solutions ( Ed Seidewitz)
Specification: Semantics of a Foundational Subset for Executable UML Models, FTF Beta 3 (ptc/10-03-14)
The submission team for the Alf action language felt that it was important that the action language be able to support exceptions, since existing class models in UML may include operations that raise exceptions and it should be possible to use the action language to specify methods for such operations without having to change how errors are reported. However, without exceptions being included in the fUML subset, the mapping of the raising and handling of exceptions in the action language to fUML was too complicated and probably semantically questionable.
Therefore, support for the raising and handling of exceptions should be included in the fUML subset so that it can properly be included in the surface action language notation.
Reported: FUML 1.0 — Wed, 26 Jan 2011 05:00 GMT
Updated: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:16 GMT
- 7.24-Executable-Nodes.svg 137 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 7.35-Other-Actions.svg 179 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 8.15-Executions-exception.svg 429 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 8.15-Executions.svg 546 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 8.35-Other-Action-Activations.svg 113 kB (image/svg+xml)
- BehavioralFeature.png 90 kB (image/png)
- ExecutableNodeActivation.png 76 kB (image/png)
- Operation.png 404 kB (image/png)