Source: Object Management Group ( Mike Bennett)
There are 3 things that needed to be done in OWL files subsequent to the completion of the written specification. These are:
• Missing imports
• Missing ‘references’ relationships
• Use of non compliant text characters from Word (smart quotes, em dashes etc.)
The “Missing” imports are the only ones of these that will impact the written specification, where these will need to be added to the imports list in the ontology metadata in Section 10.
There are two kinds of “Missing” imports:
• Non conformance with the recent stated policy of including an import for every element that is directly reference from an ontology, even if it is already in the imports chain; (note there are also too many imports in many cases because of this)
• At least one where there was no import of some element in the imports chain, which would cause the ontology to fail for those users who use the conformance point whereby they use a FIBO ontology in isolation.
Reported: EDMC-FIBO/FND 1.0b2 — Sun, 14 Dec 2014 02:06 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — EDMC-FIBO/FND 1.0
Add and remove sm:dependsOn line entries in ontology metadata tables
For the ontologies listed by Elisa Kendall as having required changes to bring them into line with the new policy and / or which needed additional imports to support recent issues:
where the new policy identifies that the reference is no longer needed remove it;
where an ontology import was needed and was not reported in the table, add it.
See attached document for analysis of what changes were needed with reference to the overall list of ontologies that required hand editing changes since the specification was generated.
Updated: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 01:18 GMT
- Ballot 8 Issue and Resolution.docx 23 kB (application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document)