Source: Real-Time Innovations ( Fernando Garcia-Aranda)
The specification includes a number of typos that should be fixed:
- On Table 7.2, the caption should be "Supported XML Attribute Values" instead of "Supported XML Element Values"
- In section 126.96.36.199.1 Using Schema Files with Different Namespaces fix closing tag of "datareader_qos", which is incorrectly labeled as "dateader_qos".
- In section 188.8.131.52, the type of the "kind" element should be "historyKind" instead of "dds:historyKind".
- In section 184.108.40.206.1, rename "Binary" simpleType as "ddsBinary" and change the value element's type to "ddsBinary".
- In section 220.127.116.11.1.1 change the topic name from "FisrstTopic" to "FirstTopic".
Moreover, the specification includes some inconsistencies:
- Section 7.1.1 states that the XML representation of DDS-related resources shall use <dds> as the root of every document; however, this is incompatible with the flexibility offered by building blocks. It is also incompatible with having a root for type representation such as <types>. We should simply remove this requirement.
Finally, some of the references are outdated and should be updated to the latest revision of the specifications:
- Update reference to the IDL standard to version 4.2.
- Update reference to the DDS-XTypes standard to version 1.2.
Reported: DDS-XML 1.0b1 — Sat, 12 May 2018 17:50 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — DDS-XML 1.0
Fix minor typos and update specification references
This proposal fixes a number of typos in the specification document and updates outdated references to the latest revision of the specification they mention.
Updated: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 14:17 GMT