Source: Real-Time Innovations ( Gerardo Pardo-Castellote)
This issue should be treated as blocker so that it is resolved ahead of other issues.
- Align naming of annotations with the latest versions of said specifications.
- Use the new size-aware typenames: int32_t, uint32_t etc. Instead of the classic ones.
- Use bitmask where it makes sense. For example the StatusKind, InstanceStateKind, ViewStateKind and the corresponding
- StatusMask, InstanceStateMask, ViewStateMask? Will this negatively impact /break the Java, C#, C++ APIs?
- Use enum for ReturnCode_t, QosPolicyId_t? Will this negatively impact /break the Java, C#, C++ APIs?
- Use template modules to model the Implied IDL related to type 'Foo'?
- Apply the @extensibility annotation to the BuiltinTopicData types and the types they reference (e.g. QosPolicy types) since they are serialized to be sent to other peers. Note that this was already done in XTYPES so we can copy those definitions to the DDS spec and remove them from a future revision of XTYPES.
Reported: DDS 1.4 — Mon, 20 May 2019 22:47 GMT
Updated: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 00:59 GMT