Legacy Issue Number: 15115
Source: BPM Advantage Consulting ( Stephen White)
The names Call Conversation and Call Choreography are confusing and incorrect. Conversations and Choreographies are not elements that can be "called."
Also the Call Activity may be technically correct, it is a term not oriented for business modelers. It would be best to change the terminology for all elements that "call."
Reported: BPMN 2.0b1 — Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:00 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — BPMN 2.0
- The change will cause a lot of instability in the spec as it touches so much.
- As the CallActivity in Orchestration keeps the term "Call" the spec becomes inconsistent.
- Even if "Call" is a technical term, it seems to be accepted by the BPMN community at least for the Orchestration case. Why should it be inaceptable in the
- "Use" is a very unspecific and frequently used term that makes is difficult to explain the meaning of the C-Activites in sentences like "Use a UseConversation actity to
reference conversations that are used".
- Even if the spec is not final, the community starts using the terms from the Beta. These people will be confused by such significant term change.
Disposition: Closed, No Change
Updated: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:57 GMT