Variability in notation
Legacy Issue Number: 10962
Source: France Telecom R&D ( Mariano Belaunde)
Allow usage of activity diagrams as alternative to state machine
when not available
Reported: VOICP 1.0b1 — Fri, 20 Apr 2007 04:00 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — VOICP 1.0
After section 9.2 Stereotypes of the UML Voice Profile, add a section: "Using Activity diagrams to represent dialog behavior" with the following content.
For more flexibility in the implementation, the dialog behavior which, from a semantic point of view is defined by a state machine, can however be rendered by an activity diagram following some conventions.
When this variation in notation is used the following mappings should apply:
- An ActivityGraph replaces a StateMachine.
- A InitialNode replaces a Pseudostate with kind=initial
- A DecisionNode replaces a Pseudostate with kind=choice
- A MergeNode replaces a Pseudostate with kind=junction
- An ActivityFinalNode replaces a FinalState
- An Action replaces a State
The base classes for the stereotypes are changed according to these mappings.
Updated: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:59 GMT