Several OMG task forces have a need for a common ontology for quantities and units
Source: Thematix Partners LLC ( Elisa Kendall)
A preliminary quantities and units ontology was developed for FIBO for use with commodities. Several other groups at OMG need this ontology, as do external users of the Commons library. The ontology should be mappable to the SysML v2 library so that we can generate the individuals in that library for use in knowledge graph applications. It should also be consistent, to the degree possible, with the latest changes to the VIM, with BIPM requirements, and with ISO 11240 for use in the pharmaceutical domain.
There is a dependency in the quantities and units ontology on a small documents ontology, to provide the reference documentation for certain units. This ontology is relatively small, however, and can easily be mapped to other ontologies defining documents.
Reported: COMMONS 1.0b2 — Fri, 16 Jun 2023 20:52 GMT
Updated: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 00:39 GMT
- Clause 8.12 QuantitiesAndUnits.odt 642 kB (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
- Clause 8.9 Documents.odt 260 kB (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
- Documents.mdzip 236 kB ()
- Documents.png 43 kB (image/png)
- Documents.rdf 15 kB (application/rdf+xml)
- Documents.svg 584 kB (image/svg+xml)
- QuantitiesAndUnits.mdzip 384 kB ()
- QuantitiesAndUnits.rdf 69 kB (application/rdf+xml)
- QuantitiesAndUnitsOverview.png 102 kB (image/png)
- QuantitiesAndUnitsOverview.svg 1.94 MB (image/svg+xml)