Legacy Issue Number: 3866
Source: DSTC ( Stephen Crawley)
1) The pseudo-code specification in 7.2.2 contains embedded EBNF, that
is quite distinct from the earlier EBNF. It uses different lexical
conventions (e.g. 'S' and 'Q' meta-syntactic elements), the productions
have different numbering, and the non-terminal symbols are different.
The two sets of EBNF should be identical.
2) All "," comma separated lists defined in the pseudo-code should be
replaced with "|" separated lists.
3) Multiplicities for XML elements affect the DTD according to the
pseudo-code, but not according to the EBNF. The text of 6.6.5 (last
para) implies that the EBNF is correct. Fix the pseudo-code.
4) In the pseudo-code, it is unclear whether the phrase "parent Package"
means the Package containing the given Package, or a Package this
Package inherits from, or both. For example, in the description and
pseudo-code for GetClassLevelAttributes.
Reported: XMI 1.1 — Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — XMI 1.2
Removal of obsolete OCL and pseudo-code
Updated: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:59 GMT
XMI12 — General inconsistencies between EBNF and pseudo-code in Chapter 7
- Key: XMI12-108
- OMG Task Force: XMI 1.2 RTF