Legacy Issue Number: 15269
Source: NASA ( Nicolas Rouquette)
In UML 2.3, Figure 18.1 shows that InfrastructureLibrary::Profiles imports InfrastructureLibrary::Core::Constructs; however, this relationship should be a merge, not an import because:
1) the InfrastructureLibrary::Profiles package adds merge increments to several metaclasses from Core::Constructs, e.g., Class, Package.
2) the InfrastructureLibrary::Profiles package copies metaclasses from Core::Constructs without adding any content, e.g., NamedElement.
Although UML merges Profiles at L2, the use of (1) and (2) requires a package merge relationship betwen Profiles & Constructs to reflect the intended semantics of merge increment for (1) and copy-down for (2).
Change the PackageImport relationship from InfrastructureLibrary::Profiles to InfrastructureLibrary::Core::Constructs to a PackageMerge relationship in:
- figure 13.1 of the infrastructure specification
- the infrastructure metamodel
- figure 18.1 of the superstructure specification.
Reported: UML 2.3 — Thu, 27 May 2010 04:00 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — UML 2.4
Updated: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:58 GMT