Source: Eclectica Systems Ltd ( Nic Plum)
p213 Viewpoint is defined as 'An architecture viewpoint frames (to formulate or construct in a particular style or language) one or more concerns.'
1) Doesn't conform to ISO 42010 'work product establishing the conventions for the construction, interpretation and use of architecture views to frame specific system concerns'
2) This definition doesn't define what an Architecture Viewpoint is - only one of the relationships with Concern. Definitions should be atomic and not include related elements otherwise a change in model structure invalidates the definition. Also, semantically, they have to be standalone.
3) The element should be named 'Architecture Viewpoint' as the definition states. This is important as pointed out earlier to differentiate it from the casual use of 'Viewpoint' and anchor it to ISO 42010.
4)There is a general problem with diagrams where role names are used which have the same name/label as an adjacent element - see Fig 9:215.
The role names provide no additional information and in effect you have unlabelled relationships. In this particular case the relationships should take the names from the 42010 conceptual model. 'language' should be 'architecture description language'. Unclear why 'purpose' is there as distinct from framing one or more concerns i.e is the purpose different from framing the concerns, if so, how?
5) 'View' should be 'Architecture View' to differentiate it from other meanings e.g. as a collection of view definitions.
6) The cardinality between View and Viewpoint is wrong if conforming with 42010 - it should be 1:1 between an Architecture View and its governing Architecture Viewpoint.
7) To conform with ISO 42010 the relationships should take the same names i.e. Viewpoint governs View, Viewpoint frames Concern (and should show Stakeholder has Concern)
8) There is an error in ISO 42010 conceptual model replicated - the requirement for an Architecture Description to contain one or more Architecture Viewpoints - Architecture Viewpoints may be held externally as what used to be termed Library Architecture Viewpoints.
Reported: UAF 1.1 — Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:02 GMT
Updated: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 18:40 GMT