Source: Dassault Systemes ( Aurelijus Morkevicius)
- Capability in service domain is different than the Capability in the Strategic domain
- Contextualized use of services is not currently available. A concept of Contract needs to be considered
- Connection between Service Specification and Operational Performer/exchange/interface. We need to say that the exchange between Operational Performers is identifying a need of a service or is using already existing service
- Straight forward way to connect Required/Provided Service Layer to Operational and Resource concepts
- Provide a way to show how Resources use Services
- Introduce Service Exchange
- Rename Service Specification to Service to keep consistency
Reported: UAF 1.1 — Sat, 18 Jan 2020 09:05 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — UAF 1.2
Services layer improvements
Significant improvements has been done to improve the way Services are modelled in UAF. The improvements are as follows:
1. Service Specification renamed to Service to be aligned with the remaining of the UAF specification.
2. Addition of the contract concept to support grouping of OperationalExchanges and relating them to the existing Services.
3. Traceability from Operational to Services.
- Consumes relationship renamed to supports. Direction of the relationship changed.
- GovernedBy relationship added between Service and the ServiceContract.
4. The way services are used in Resources are changed by introducing ResourceService concept and allowing ResourceServiceInterfaces to be used to type Resource Ports. ResourceServices can Implement Services.
5. Information Element and Data Element are now called OperationalInformation and ResourceInformation to indicate clearly where which information element is used.
7. Addition of Service Exchange and Service Signal to have alignment with the Operational and Resource layers
9. Addition of Service Architecture to be consistent with Operational and Resources layers.
The list of affected diagrams and texts are captured in the worklog.
Updated: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 19:31 GMT