Legacy Issue Number: 19416
Source: agnos.ai UK Ltd ( Pete Rivett)
Representation of Axioms
OWL2 uses Axioms to represent several capabilities, whereas ODM has them either as binary associations or not at all.
In OWL these axioms are represented as a blank node so should have a metamodel element: that is necessary to allow the statement itself to be associated with an ontology/document.
ODM has OWLAllDifferent which inherits from OWLClass which does not make sense.
In the metamodel there should be a top level class representing Axiom with the following subclasses:
- DifferentIndividuals (replaces association DifferentIndividual and class OWLAllDifferent)
- SameIndividual (replaces association SameIndividual)
- EquivalentClass (replaces association EquivalentClass)
- DisjointClasses (replaces association DisjointClass)
- EquivalentProperty(replaces association EquivalentProperty)
- DisjointProperties (new)
Reported: ODM 1.1 — Wed, 14 May 2014 04:00 GMT
Updated: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 17:08 GMT
ODM12 — Representation of Axioms
- Key: ODM12-4
- OMG Task Force: Ontology Definition Metamodel (ODM) 1.2 RTF