Source: Thematix Partners LLC ( Elisa Kendall)
There should be a single hasTag property on all identifiers (that is not functional), rather than separate hasLanguageTag, hasCountryTag, and hasSubdivisionTag properties of their respective identifiers.
Reported: LCC 1.0b1 — Thu, 10 Aug 2017 20:49 GMT
Disposition: Resolved — LCC 1.0
The tags used on identifiers in the LCC ontologies are unnecessarily complex
In the LanguageRepresentation ontology, (1) rename the hasLanguageTag property to hasTag, (2) eliminate the isFunctional constraint (since it's possible that there might be duplication across multiple code sets), (3) revise the definition of the property to be "a unique combination of alphanumeric characters corresponding to the identifier", and (4) add a skos:note that states, "Text-valued tags are included here as they may be useful for automated transformation or encoding systems, such as those used to produce IETF compliant language tags in XML."
Also, move the domain of hasTag from LanguageIdentifier to Identifier, and move restriction LCC-13 from LanguageIdentifier to Identifier, but loosen the constraint from an exact cardinality of 1 to some values from. Move the property and restriction from the Definition of Language Identifier diagram to the Definition of Identification Schemes and Identifiers diagram, and include the "has" property on the Definition of Language Identifier diagram. It was in the model as the parent property of hasDenotation but not on a diagram.
2. In the CountryRepresentation ontology, (1) eliminate the hasCountryTag data property and restriction lcc-cr-13 on that property, and (2) eliminate the hasSubdivisionTag property (no corresponding restriction).
Updated: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 20:01 GMT
- 5. Definition of Country Identifier.svg 368 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 6. Definition of Identification Schemes and Identifiers.svg 549 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 6. Definition of Subdivision Code.svg 375 kB (image/svg+xml)
- 8. Definition of Language Identifier.svg 428 kB (image/svg+xml)
- resolution_LCC-17.doc 224 kB (application/msword)
LCC_ — The tags used on identifiers in the LCC ontologies are unnecessarily complex
- Key: LCC_-14
- OMG Task Force: 2nd Languages, Countries and Codes 1.0 FTF