Source: Trisotech ( Denis Gagne)
As OMG promotes the integrated use of DMN with BPMN and CMMN, it is proposed to change the depiction of Input in DMN to be the paper Shape with folded corner. We can envision end users wanting to embed DMN diagrams into BPMN or CMMN diagrams. This change would provide better notational alignment with Data Object and Case File Iems in BPMN and CMMN. Futhermore is would remove the notation conflict currently existing between DMN Input and CMMN Milestone.
The classical Input Data symbol (oval) remains the default representation for backwards compatibility and is used in all examples throughout the DMN 1.5 standard. Only Tables 1 and 103, where the symbol for the Input Data is presented, the alternative representation is introduced.
Reported: DMN 1.1 — Mon, 16 May 2016 14:26 GMT
Updated: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 17:44 GMT
- BPMN Data Object DMN Data Input.PNG 86 kB ()
- CaseFileItem.png 0.9 kB (image/png)
- Depiction of Input Data conflict with BPMN and CMMN.png 239 kB (image/png)
- Milestone.png 2 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-087.Data Object Reference.png 0.9 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-088.Data Object Reference Collection.png 0.9 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-089.Data Input.png 1 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-090.Data Input Collection.png 1 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-091.Data Output.png 1 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-092.Data Output Collection.png 1 kB (image/png)