Source: Trisotech ( Denis Gagne)
As OMG promotes the integrated use of DMN with BPMN and CMMN, it is proposed to change the depiction of Input in DMN to be the paper Shape with folded corner. We can envision end users wanting to embed DMN diagrams into BPMN or CMMN diagrams. This change would provide better notational alignment with Data Object and Case File Iems in BPMN and CMMN. Futhermore is would remove the notation conflict currently existing between DMN Input and CMMN Milestone.
Reported: DMN 1.1 — Mon, 16 May 2016 14:26 GMT
Disposition: Deferred — DMN 1.2
Reconsider after more experience (defer).
The Input Data object is not the same as the Data Object in BPMN and there is already a shared underlying information model. Most importantly there is no concept of a Data Output object in DMN. Information does not flow into Input Data objects in DMN and Data Objects in BPMN might be instantiated from Decisions in DMN.
There is no particular need in BPMN / DMN to model Data Objects and Input Data at the same level. A process might consider a Claim a useful Data Object while decision models might find using a single Claim object overwhelming and represent the Claim information with multiple Input Data.
Updated: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 14:17 GMT
- BPMN Data Object DMN Data Input.PNG 86 kB ()
- CaseFileItem.png 0.9 kB (image/png)
- Depiction of Input Data conflict with BPMN and CMMN.png 239 kB (image/png)
- Milestone.png 2 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-087.Data Object Reference.png 0.9 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-088.Data Object Reference Collection.png 0.9 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-089.Data Input.png 1 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-090.Data Input Collection.png 1 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-091.Data Output.png 1 kB (image/png)
- bpmn-figure-092.Data Output Collection.png 1 kB (image/png)